Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What to do.....what to do.....

So I've been trying to decide on if I want this blog to be about my everyday life or more of a music journal about gear for drummers? Or maybe it could serve both purposes? Yeah that's probably the better option just because I know a lot of my friends aren't drummers and I'm not really what people call a "gear head". I don't sit and study music gear ALL the time....however I do have my moments. :-) So I'm sure that I could only really talk about drum gear for so long. My wheels just started turning a bit about that the other day because I was asked by one of my twitter friends to talk about the kind of gear that I used so I thought I could talk about it all on here.....show behind the scenes pictures, etc......I can't do it yet but I will if that's what people want. As for now this blog will still just be random goodness from my life! :-)

I've been working everyday this week on band business stuff. We've been having tons of calls coming in the last couple of days about people wanting to book us for shows this summer. That's kind of exciting....however most of them are for May and June and I need to fill dates in April which is basically right around the corner so boo to being a tad behind. In the afternoons I've been going to my church studio which is 30 minutes from where I live and producing a cd for our VBS. I've been attending this church for the past 5 years. I actually started going to this church because a band there asked me to produce and record their first cd for them......shortly after that they asked me to produce and record a cd for our VBS.....I've done that every year since. It's actuallya lot of fun because I get to make really fun music and we basically redo some old classics like -"Father Abraham", "Lords Army", "He's got the whole world", and this year "Deep and Wide". The rest of the songs on the cd are typically geared around whatever the theme for the year is. This years theme is "Super Hero" so it's actually been kind of hard to come up with music that is superheroesq but I'm having fun with it. I've been on a club/techno kick this year for some reason so the music is really electronic with a lot of synth/keyboard stuff but I'm so diggin it. I enjoy doing that kind of stuff. I'll be sure to post a link to a myspace or something once we get the VBS music up.
Mikey and Cliff are still in ATL working on Vocals. Today will be their last day down there....THIS WEEK......ha ha......Scotty leaves back out for the road tomorrow AND tonight is Mikey's 25th bday so he'll be coming home so we can all share in celebrating his life! :-)
During the midst of working on band stuff, and VBS, I'm also preparing to go on a vacation with my parents. Well it's kind of a vacation / business trip for my moms office. Her office takes business trips where they go to classes but then they also have tons of time for fun. This time they're going to Disney World in Florida. Our lead guitarists wife also works with my mom so he and his wife will be going as well. It's going to be a blast. I'll basically be spending every day for a week in some sort of Disney park! :-) I'm also going to fly to Miami for one day. I know that sounds random but I had a flight voucher from American Airlines that was going to run out on April 15th and I needed to use it and our hotel at Disney World offers free shuttles to the airport so I planned a one day, one night trip to Miami so I can go to the beach and then come back! ha ha. I'm gonna try to video tons of stuff from my trip and post videos of it online and on here for you all to see. It'll be fun.
Ok wow, this blog is long and not really about anything interesting....sorry. I thank all of you for keeping up with me and wanting to read these blogs. I'm sure I'll catch all of you on twitter throughout the day. I hope you all have amazing days! Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I am actually kinda jealous about the whole Miami thing.. *sighs*.. take pictures of the beach for me! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, tough to keep a daily blog and make it focused and "on-topic" every day. ;-)

    As for gear vs. "personal," that's what the "tag" function is for.

    ReplyDelete