Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Big Idea / Vision Announcement

So I’m sure a lot of you have been keeping up with my “tweets” about my big “Idea / Vision” that I had yesterday and that you all have been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for me to announce it! J I’m so excited about this idea and I think now it’s finally time to reveal this idea….so here it goes…….Wait……did I ever tell you all how thankful I am to have met all of you. You ALL truly feel like family to me and the guys and I consider you all my friends even though a lot of us haven’t even met in person yet and…..OK OK….I’ll quit stalling……ha ha…..

A lot of you have been asking for us to come and perform around your area. Many of you are even working with your churches on having us come and perform in your area so that got my wheels to turning yesterday. I thought….wouldn’t it be nice to combine that with the way that many of us met which is through “Twitter”. I came up with the idea for 7eventh Time Down to have a “Twitter Tour” So far I have this tour planned to go from June 3rd – July 19th. It would hit many of the areas that our twitter friends live in. Of course it would be impossible for us to hit ALL of the areas that our twitter friends live in but this is just the start. If this goes as well as I hope then we could eventually take it all further west and to other areas. This tour wouldn’t just be us playing in areas that our twitter friends live in but it would also be promoted using twitter. This is where I don’t have all the details worked out yet.

I’m thinking maybe that we have some kind of twitter certificate for each show where people obtain them through twitter and print them off and then would include their twitter name on the certificate and would present that to get in to the show or something. This is where I need all of your help. I’ve listed the tour routing below. If you see a town that you live in or that you know people in I would like for you to e-mail me at austinmiller3@juno.com Then I would appreciate it if you would help me spearhead the event in your town. You would help me by getting either a church or individuals who would be interested in bringing the tour in. Then you would also be in charge of helping promote the concert using twitter or other media sources. You could put together a team of individuals who would help promote the tour and the idea is that each person on the team keeps doing that and before long everyone is sending out messages about that certain concert. Then once everyone is at the show then they could take pictures of the show, tweet about it all in real time. I think this would make for a much more intimate atmosphere because everyone would be friends, etc. Then the friendships would hopefully continue to grow even after leave and we all stay in touch, etc. Also by everyone helping in booking this tour and promoting it etc then everyone will have more connections to it. It wont be like you’re just attending some other concert. It’ll be sort of like a family reunion / celebration. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun.

So there it is…..hopefully my idea didn’t let you all down by not being as cool as you may have suspected but I am so excited about this idea and hope that all of you all are as excited as I am in making this dream a reality. I'm sorry if this is all confusing I still haven't figured out everything for this idea yet so if you have any suggestions or questions please e-mail me at austinmiller3@juno.com and let me know. I need your alls help in making this a reality and I hope that you all are interested in standing beside me and the rest of 7eventh Time Down in making this happen. Now here’s the PROPOSED routing. If you see a town that’s near your town even you can contact me and tell me how far it is from your town and we can move the date to your town.
June
3-Knoxville, TN
4- Kingsport, TN
5- Graham, NC
6- Roanoke, VA
7- Charleston, WV

10- Jackson, OH
11- Detroit, MI
12- South Bend, IN
13- Portage, IN
14- Indianapolis, IN
17- St. Louis, MO
18- Springfield, MO
19- Somewhere in Northeast, AR
20- Memphis, TN
27- Point Pleasant, WV (booked)
28- Huntington, WV

JULY
1- Evansville, IN
2- Paducah, KY
3- Jackson, TN
4- Greenville, AL
5- Shreveport, LA

8- Tyler, TX
9- Dallas, TX
10- Houston, TX
11- Alexandria, LA
12- Monroe, LA

15- Chattanooga, TN
16- in Kentucky or WV
17- Logan, WV
18- Dunbar, WV (booked)
19- in WV or Kentucky

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome!!!! Only thing is you didn't plan for a San Antonio area concert! *gasp!* Between me, Kelly O, and Rose, we have GOT to be able to get you guys down here! :p

    Hey if you want, I'd be happy to take that image you posted and make a separate banner for each city you visit when you get the actual dates confirmed. Then people can use those to promote their local show. Let me know!

    I'm gonna look into another church here in town & see what I can work out. Some friends of mine recently held a conference there & had Britt Nicole come play...it was a really nice setup & MUCH bigger than our church. I'll ask them what I need to do to get you there.

    ReplyDelete